1.21.2011

Lately...

These past couple weeks I have been browsing DIY blogs like crazy! I found some super cute stuff I've made/going to make. When I make stuff, I always have that proud moment for myself after it's complete! It makes me feel so good that I did it and didn't just buy it from the store. So here is a couple of the projects I have completed...

I made this camera strap cover for my sister and I think it turned out pretty cute!
(credit goes to www.thecottagehome.blogspot.com) 

My beautiful flower! I also made another one that is pink with a black flower for Laynie's room
(credit goes to www.makeit-loveit.com)


Our baby girl is getting so big, so today while Jeff was at Physio, I got the guts to finally get Laynie's ear's pierced!!! I wanted to get them done a couple months ago but couldn't face myself to do it and put her through the pain. So today I finally did and of course she cried pretty good but got over it within a mintue. I think they look adorable on her and when I surprised Jeff, he loved them!!! So here is our happy girl with a little "bling" to go with her cute face!

See, look how happy she is!!!




A close up.


This is what I live for.

3 comments:

  1. I love all your projects! Especially ones I get to keep! ;)
    Laynie looks so cute with her earrings, I love them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Was searching for a GF's blog on and came across yours. Was reading previously where you wanted to have her ears pierced and finally did. She is adorable with those little earrings.

    Hope you don't mind me writing you, but I had the sam e experience when I asked supposedly "family and friends." After asking our ped, she encouraged me to go ahead and we did it earlyat 6 weeks. She said it was best when mommy could care for them and to ignore the neysayers. They were always the first to tell how cute your dd is with her ears pierced AFTER you decided to go ahead and do. Go figure. My ped gave me some suggestions for "Care of Newly Pierced Ears." If you're interested, write me an e-mail and I'll send them to you.


    Amy

    amyswor@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Look at you go Britt! I love looking at the DIY blogs too! There are so many cute ideas out there!! Laynie looks adorable with her little pierced ears!! I am all for doing it when they are little!! Too cute!!

    ReplyDelete

Leave some love!!!